Operation scan for alterlock devices and alterlock apps is subject to change as features update.
Please note that the contents of this setup guide are subject to change without notice.
This product is designed with safety and consideration. However, if you use it incorrectly, it is dangerous because it can lead to accidents such as fire or injury. Be sure to observe the following to prevent accidents:
- Do not disassemble or remodel.
- It does not give a direct strong impact.
- Don't short.
- Do not put it in a fire or heat it in a microwave oven.
- Do not drop it in water or charge it while it gets wet.
- Do not use, store, or leave in places that are near fire and become extremely hot.
- If you feel any abnormality, stop using it.
- Do not use near equipment that may have a significant impact.
- Keep it out of reach of small children.
- There is a separate service fee for the use of this product.
- This product does not guarantee the prevention of theft of the bicycle.
- When installing this product, please be careful about tightening the bolt too much. Cracks and failures due to excessive torque are not covered by the warranty.
- In order to enhance the effectiveness of theft, it is recommended to use it in conjunction with a locking device.
- This product uses the communication standard "Sigfox". It may not work outside the communication area, indoors, or in environments where radio waves are poor.
- Due to the characteristics of Bluetooth, the operating distance may vary depending on the surrounding environment.
- Due to the characteristics of GPS, the location information may not be taken depending on the reception status of the radio waves, or the error may be increased.
- When the battery of the smartphone is lost, the setting change of this product and the alarm cannot be released.
- If the bicycle seat tube does not have a pedestal attached to the bottle cage, or if the frame shape is a special bicycle, it may not be possible to install it.
- Communication may not be possible when a metal bottle, tools, or a bottle containing water is inserted into the bottle cage where this product is installed.
- The battery cannot be replaced.
- If you want to destroy this product, please follow the disposal method of each municipality.
2. Included with AlterLock device
The following are included in this product.
- AlterLock Device
- Getting Started Guide
- Two bolts for mounting
※Please prepare a microUSB cable for charging separately.
※ If you want to use the included mounting bolt, please prepare a 3mm arlen key (hex wrench) separately.
3. Charging the device
At the time of purchase, the battery is not fully charged.Please charge it before i use it by all means.
Charge the USB terminal of this product with your microUSB cable for charging. The lower LED (red) lights up while charging, and the lower LED (green) lights up when charging is complete.
*If the battery is abnormal, the lower LED (red) will blink. In that case, unplug the cable immediately and stop charging.
* If it is charged with a mobile battery, the lamp may disappear when the charge is complete.
4. Installing the device
Install the mounting bolt hole of this product according to the bottle cage mounting pedestal of the bicycle. It can also be installed with a bottle cage.
When installing with a bottle cage, it is easier to work by bolting through the bottle cage and device before attaching it to the frame of the bicycle, as shown in the photograph below.
【Important】When installing this product, please be careful about tightening the bolt too much. Cracks and failures due to excessive torque are not covered by the warranty.
5. App installation
You can download apps for iOS and Android for free from the link below.
The AlterLock app is updated from time to time to improve and add features.
Use the latest apps to make your use more comfortable.
6. Setting up your smartphone
The AlterLock app uses some features on your smartphone, such as Bluetooth. Please make the following settings.
How to set up iOS
- Tap Settings on the Home screen to open the settings screen.
- [Bluetooth]on the right side of the screen.
- Turn on if Bluetooth is turned off.
- Go back to the settings screen and tap Privacy.
- Tap Location Services.
- Turn on location services if it's turned off.
How to set up Android
※ Android may be different procedures depending on the model and OS version.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the Settings icon in the top right corner.
- Open Location from the settings list and turn it on if location is turned off.
- Tap How to detect your location - High Accuracy.
- Improve accuracy - [Bluetoothスキャン] If it is turned on, clear it.
- Return to the settings list [Bluetooth] and check if is off from the settings list.
7. User Registration
To use an app or device, you need to register.
- In your web browser, open this page, enter each item, and tap Register.
- After a while, you will receive an email to your registered email address, so open the email and select [Complete user registration] to complete the registration.
If you want to register from the app, tap [New Account Registration] after launching the app, and register according to the screen.
Please refer to this page for frequently asked questions about user registration.
8. Cycle Guard Service Subscription
To use the AlterLock device, you must have a cycle guard service contract.
Please go to this page in your browser, check the service area and compatible smartphones, and then go through the procedure sat at the end of the "Cycle Guard Service Agreement" button.
- If you have a coupon code, be sure to enter it.You will not be able to register your coupon code after the contract is complete.
- Please refer to this page for frequently asked questions about cycle guard services.
9. Registration of bicycle information
- Tap the bicycle mark in the center of the main screen.
- Enter your bicycle information according to the screen and tap [Register].
- You can edit your bicycle information at any time. In the event of theft, a body number and a security registration number are required to file a theft report or identify a bicycle.
- Bicycle photos appear square on the main screen. For portrait images, the top and bottom are cut. It is displayed beautifully when i prepare a square photo in the image editing app etc. beforehand.
10. Registering alterlock devices
- Have your device and getting started guide handy.
- On the main screen, tap the Device Settings icon.
- Press the pairing button on the device briefly. When pairing starts, the green LED flashes for 2 seconds.
- On the Device Registration [AlterLock(デバイスID)] screen, when you see , tap the character.
- On the next screen, enter the authorization code in the Getting Started Guide and tap Send.
For iPhone, the [Bluetoothペアリングの要求] dialog will appear only for the first time, so select Pair.
- If authentication is successful, "AlterLock device registration is complete. You will see a message that says .
- When you're done registering your device, you'll see a key and battery icon at the top of the photo.
The battery icon does not appear when the Bluetooth connection to the device is disconnected.
The "authorization code" on the back of the Getting Started Guide may be required when you can't connect to your device, such as when you're on the go. It's a good idea to take a picture with your smartphone.
If you don't see it after waiting for about 10 seconds, close the device settings screen and try again.
You must press the pairing button within 30 seconds to complete authentication. If that doesn't work, try again from the device registration screen.
*In the case of a device registered in the past, "AlterLock device reset has been completed" by the same operation. You will see a message that says . In that case, please perform the registration operation of the AlterLock device again.
11. Description of the main screen
The icons displayed below the photo are "Notification settings", "Location information", "Device Settings", and "Bicycle Information Editing" from the left.
- Notification settings: Enables and disables push notifications when the device detects vibrations.
- Location: Location history and map screen are displayed.
- Device Settings: Displays the device settings screen (register device if the device is not registered).
- Bicycle Information Edit: Displays the edit ing screen of bicycle information.
12. Check the operation of the device
Immediately after registering the AlterLock device for the first time, it is set to "AutoGuard".
This mode automatically becomes a "guard state" when the device and Bluetooth connection are broken, enabling a 15-second alarm with vibration detection.
In the following procedure, you turn off "AutoGuard" and manually change it to "Guard State" to check the operation of alarms and notifications.
- To check the operation, open the Device Settings Screen.
- On the device settings screen, turn off AutoGuard and set the alarm length to 5 seconds.
- Return to the main screen and make sure that you see an icon indicating ride status. Vibration detection is disabled in this state.
- Tap the "Ride State" icon to switch to Guard State. Vibration detection is enabled in this state.
- When you shake your device, you'll hear an alarm sound and you'll be notified on your phone.
- Tap False Positives.
- The alarm sound stops automatically at a set length, but if you want to stop in the middle, you can return it to Ride State to stop the alarm.
- The first report from alterlock device emphasizes breaking news, so if the GPS acquisition has not been completed after being guarded, you will be notified with no location information.
- When the alarm sounds after the second time with the guard state, the location information is notified when the GPS radio wave is successfully received outdoors (where the sky is open).
- It may take a few minutes to get the first location information or environment where GPS radio waves cannot be received.
If you have any questions, please checkthe FAQ and contact us from the app menu if you have no problem.