Periodic transmission is a feature that has been requested by many users to improve the security of AlterLock devices.
Usage scenarios for periodic transmission
The following usage scenarios are assumed.
- I am worried about parking my bike outdoors for a long time, so I would like to know the location information periodically even when no abnormality is detected.
- I deliver my bike and I want to get location data periodically.
- I want to check the communication status of AlterLock device.
Periodic transmission behavior
When Periodic transmission is enabled, location information is periodically located and sent even when no abnormality is detected, regardless of the locked/unlocked status.
The operation interval can be set from the device settings.
Even during the operation of periodic transmission, alarm and tracking operation by abnormality detection take priority in case of lock status.
You can check the history of the location information from "Location Info" on the main screen.
Periodic Transmission Interval
The interval for periodic transmissions can be set between 30 and 360 minutes in the device settings.
About battery consumption
Location information acquisition consumes a lot of power, so enabling periodic transmission for a long period of time will reduce the device's uptime.
We recommend that you enable it only when necessary, or set the interval to at least 180 minutes.
The approximate operating time of the device in each state from full charge is as follows.
|Unlock + No Periodic Transmission||45 days|
|Lock + No Periodic Transmission||35 days|
|Unlock + Periodic Transmission (60 minutes)||7-15 days|
|Lock + Periodic Transmission (60 minutes)||6-14 days|
|Unlock + Periodic Transmissions (180 mins)||16 - 28 days|
|Lock + Periodic Transmission (180 mins)||15-25 days|
Location information may not be acquired for the following reasons.
- The device found at least two Wi-Fi access points, but no location information was registered in Google database.
- It was not receiving Wi-Fi and could not receive a GPS signal because the sky was not open or it was surrounded by tall buildings.
Location information may not have been sent for the following reasons.
- The time of the set transmission interval has not elapsed since the periodic transmission was enabled.
- If the AlterLock device is out of Bluetooth communication range, the AlterLock device is not in a Sigfox communication area, or even if it is in an area, the signal is underground or in poor surrounding conditions.
- When Bluetooth connection is active, the smartphone is not connected to the Internet.
Due to a problem with the firmware, the battery consumption may increase. Please update to version 1.3.27 or higher as this has been resolved in the latest firmware.
Firmware update must be performed with the USB cable connected and the red or blue LED lit.