Major updates to the iOS version of the AlterLock app.
June 1, 2023
- The latest location of the device can now be complemented by obtaining location information on the smartphone side when the AlterLock device is locked or when Bluetooth is disconnected.
- The user manual is now displayed in an external browser.
- Minor glitches have been corrected.
- The location UI has been improved to make it easier to focus on the most recent location. The history screen also remains available.
As a result of the changes, history where no location information exists will no longer be displayed.
Location information acquired when locked or when Bluetooth is disconnected is temporarily saved as the latest information and is not saved in the history.
If you have not yet renewed your subscription, you can do so from the link below.
In the case of phased release, it may take up to a week for the latest version to be available for download.
June 8, 2022
- Minor improvements were made.
March 25, 2022
- French, Italian, and Spanish are now supported.
- An item has been added to the Info tab for easy access to the new Reminders feature.
- Fixed a problem with iOS 12 that prevented the app from launching.
February 6, 2022
- Fixed an issue where the battery level display on the map screen was misaligned with the main screen.
December 22, 2021
- Adjusts the detection sensitivity of the accelerometer
- Added 12 hours and 24 hours to the periodic transmission interval
Added 12 hours and 24 hours to the periodic transmission interval
The maximum has been 6 hours, but by adding a longer time interval, you can transmit the location of your bike once or twice a day without being aware of battery consumption.
December 3, 2021
- Improvement of device setting screen
Improvement of device setting screen
The device settings screen displayed by tapping Advanced Settings from the main screen has been changed from a list format to a hierarchical format.
First select the category you wish to set up, then on the next screen you can change each setting item as before.
For example, if you want to change the interval of the periodic transmission, please go to Periodic Transmission – Periodic Transmission Interval.
September 6, 2021
- Improvement of some display messages
- Improved the display of the device settings screen
- Abolished the setting of “waiting time after detection”.
- Improvement of Bluetooth connection and disconnection process
Eliminate “wait time after detection” setting
For Gen2 devices, there is little positive effect from changing this setting, so it has been discontinued.
Gen2 devices are set to the shortest standby time by default, but power savings are achieved by optimizing the timing of location information acquisition.
If you have already changed the settings and want to restore the set values, please deactivate and re-register the device.
July 1, 2021
- The display of the device setting screen has been accelerated.
- Improved detection sensitivity for AlterLock Gen2 devices.
Fixed a problem where false positives could easily occur when the device was vertical. You will need to change the settings and reconfigure the device.
- Bluetooth connection process has been improved.
- You can now see the positioning method (GPS/Wi-Fi) in the location history display.
May 12, 2021
- Firmware reinstallation is now supported.
*Please use this function in case of operation failure after firmware update.
May 10, 2021
- The vibration sensitivity setting operation was changed from a slider to a toggle button system.
- Added the ability to adjust the button operation range for Gen2 devices.
- Fixed a problem that caused the device battery display to appear low.
- Fixed a problem with link transitions in the Notices screen, etc.
Improved vibration sensitivity setting operation
Improved slider operation difficulty, enabling one-tap setting.
Adjustment function of button operation range
The operation range of lock/unlock by device button operation is determined based on the signal strength from the smartphone at the time of device registration. Pressing the Adjust button added to the device settings screen allows readjustment based on the signal strength from the smartphone at that time.
March 1, 2021
Fixed a bug that caused some screens to disappear after displaying the maintenance history in the iOS application.
If you cannot see your maintenance history, user profile, etc., please force close the application and access it again.
If you do not know how to force close the application, please refer to the following page.
November 24, 2020
- Renewed application UI
April 7, 2020
Low battery notification function for AlterLock devices” has been added.
This feature allows the app to notify the user when the battery power of the AlterLock device is low.
The function can also be turned off from the device settings screen.
*This function works only during Bluetooth connection.
February 10, 2020
Fixed a problem that caused the AlterLock device autoguard setting to revert in the iOS version of the app.
The processing related to the Bluetooth connection was significantly revised.
The change in appearance is that you will not be able to perform any other operations for about 2 seconds until the device setting is completed.
Since the last version, the main screen of the application now allows switching between auto/manual and changing the vibration detection sensitivity.
April 15, 2019
Added a function to automatically turn off the alarm of the AlterLock device when the smartphone has a low battery.
This feature eliminates the worry of unintentional alarms when the smartphone battery runs out while cycling in the autoguard state.
If this function is enabled in the device settings screen, the following operation will occur.
- Automatically turns off the AlterLock device alarm when the smartphone battery falls below 10%.
- Automatically turn on the AlterLock device alarm when the smartphone battery reaches 50% or more.
*There is a slight margin of error in the timing of alarm ON/OFF.
*If the alarm is set to OFF, it will not automatically turn ON.
This function works only when the smartphone and AlterLock device are connected via Bluetooth.
In addition, a link to the help page has been added to the upper right corner of the device settings screen in this application version. You can now check the details of each setting item from this page.
January 1, 2019
- Fixed an issue that could cause delays in changing settings on the device settings screen.
- Improved behavior when registering device firmware v1.0.1
- Fixed a bug that the bike registration number set in the bike information was deleted by changing the notification on/off.